BE

IAG Simulation - Modifying data in the Watch Tab

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am creating some IAG's in Sysmac Studio for an NA Series HMI. I have found that I can do an NA Simulation in the IAG program (it just brings up the HMI simulator screen, with the IAG in the top left corner). This has been useful for ensuring I have the correct size/scale of buttons and text etc for the HMI I will be using.

I have also been trying to use the watch tab to put some dummy data into the simulated IAG, primarily to ensure that custom text formats etc are working properly. However when I change the value of variables in the watch tab, nothing changes on the simulator screen. The variables are all members of a structure, and datatypes used include Boolean, Single, and String. Is this normal behaviour for IAG simulations?

Basically, I was trying to test all my formatting etc before I publish the collection (there will be about a dozen IAG's in this collection once it is complete). If there is another way to do this, then I am open to ideas. Worst case I can just publish the collection, import it into the HMI program, do a heap of simulations and then go back to fix any issues with the IAG's before republishing them again.

I would post a couple of screenshots, but the website isn't letting me upload anything :-(

I did some testing and the only way I can get variables to change on an IAG simulation is to make them IN/OUT and toggle them from the actual IAG. Ex. a toggle button and an indicator light using the same variable.

I can get it to do that too. I have an "Edit" button that when toggled enables several data edit fields so the operator can change parameters, and it uses an internal variable for that. It works fine in the simulator.

Another thought I did have last night is just add a couple of temporary data edit's linked to the variables that I want to check. Once I know the formatting is done correctly, then delete the data edits. Will try that today and see how I go.

So creating the temporary data edits works, provided that the variable is set as In/Out in the variable list.

Otherwise, its a case of publishing the IAG's, import them into a HMI program, create some variables and the simulate from there. Works well enough, just a pity it doesn't seem to do it in the IAG program :-1