PlcAmtr

Q02 / Q71E71-100 Network settings

8 posts in this topic

Hi experts
:D

Can anyone help/try to help  with the following conundrums:
a) when changing the Ethernet Operation settings from Binary code to ASCII code, the setting are 'saved' in PLC settings, meaning that ASCII code is read as selected after a restart, but the PLC accepts commands and responds in Binary code.
b) when adding a new TCP port, the new port is 'saved' in PLC settings, meaning that read as selected after a restart, but the PLC refuses commands on that port (the "Open" LED on the Q71E71-100 card turns on for the duration of the transmission but no reply is received from the PLC)

notes:
setting software: GX Works 2
target test software: Custom made Driver for MC protocol. (tested and working with FX and Q series  and with ASCII and Binary code)
PLC model Q02 (reset performed by removing the battery for more that 2 hours)
ports used for test are: 5500 and 4999 (decimal)
found 5002 port opened by default (no open setting required)
PLC network module Q71E71-100 (new)

I would upload screenshots of the settings but I get this error: "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance."

a) you will need to reset the PLC before the new settings are activated

b) Seems the PLC  accepted the open command , You must have an error led and error code..Did you check the ethernet diagnostics.

if you want to reset the PLC to factory settings you can just do an online Format PLC memory.

ports 5000 - 5009 are used by the system. you can find their function in the manual.

5002 MELSOFT transmission port (TCP/IP)

a) did that
b) as long as I continue to send the commands in binary mode no error will pop. The error LED lights up when I send in ASCII, the code mode that is set. Ports 5500 and 4999 are not in the the range mentioned. The PLC worked fine before removing the battery. The question is what changed and how it can be undone/restored.

I did before the Online -> Format PLC memory, and just did it again now. No change in the status (still locked in binary code, and new open TCP ports unreachable). 

Are you running a test program or is it a program which was already in the CPU ? If so most likely there is a program running which is changing your settings.
You do not need to use the parameters you can also write code to set the settings for the ethernet card. There are also FB's for it.

when you close your  project and just read out the PLC. Are the settings correct ?

Yes. I read from PLC ASCII code enabled. By sending an ASCII command to the PLC afterwards I get an error code in Binary C080 that is: "ASCII command used when Binary code set".

I meant when you read out the program\parameters into an empty project are the settings correct ?