Tamara

Receive ASCII data to PLC CP2E-N40DRA (RXD TXD)

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so i'm trying to send data to plc omron cp2e-n40dra via RS232C, I use RXD and TXD but it looks like my programs are wrong, the indicator of RS232C are on everytime i send the data so it looks like PLC receive my data but when i see it in memory PLC D i can't find any data stored. Can anyone help me please? I attach my Gdrive for pictures since i can't upload pictures in here

*The data that i sent is in ASCII

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GPXa1U1PLMU2WKmo4YRPe32wHHyVCGUv?usp=sharing

A392.06 will turn ON when the conditions in the Settings are met. In your example, this means with the condition of "1 Received Byte" of data will turn ON A392.06. It should be Normally Open in your ladder.

You'll need to know something about the data that you are receiving. Is it always the same number of bytes? Does it end with the same character every time?

Hi, thank you for replying! I have finished the ladder program and it was success. I can receive the data from external device to PLC memory now.

11 hours ago, Tamara said:

Hi, thank you for replying! I have finished the ladder program and it was success. I can receive the data from external device to PLC memory now.

Glad you got it working. Nice job!

Posting your results could be helpful for other forum members if you have the time.