Robror

Slow NB7 HMI via Ethernet

5 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I've been working with NB HMIs with good result. But today I loaded a project to a NB7-TW01B and it feels slow, both offline and online. Switching screens and reading/writing take around 1sec or more. It first had some bmp images created with .bmp and .png files, so I tried using vector graphics instead, but didn't get any better. I don't have another NB to try it right now so I'd like to ask you if you've been in this same situation before or what could be causing this.

PLC is CP1L and communication it's via Ethernet. Both devices are actually pretty close (cable is less than 3m) and the previous HMI (Pro-face GP) felt a lot faster.

Thanks in advance!

If you have a PC in the same subnet / switch area and Wireshark loaded you might see what the network traffic is like.  Could be a "noisy" device consuming bandwidth.

And if the connection is point to point with a single cable and no switches or hubs? The strange thing is that previous HMI was running fine and only the NB is working slow.

Edited by Robror

Is it the same project that worked before?  If not, maybe this project has more graphics?  Or more objects to load on each screen?

I have had this when the node address doesn't match the IP addresses last digits, worth checking