Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onceinalife

Thesis idea

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Actually, I am student. I need to choose a thesis topic soon. I would like to write something which is connected with automation. I wolud like to ask your help, to figuring out an idea, what can be a good topic in nowdays. It would be a master degree already. Im using AB PLC-s, so it would be convinent if someone could suggest for me what I can solve with this, enviroment (rs logix 5000, studio 5000)

Im not asking a solved thing. I would like to ask some ideas or tip. If anyone have some idea, pls share it thanks. 

Thanks in advance.

If you're looking for basic PLC problems you can mimic in the lab with Studio 5000 and AB Hardware there are tons.

My favorite for beginners if you haven't done it is the Traffic Light at an intersection problem. 

IF you're looking for something meatier I can suggest the Box Conveyance Two to One Merge Problem.

And if you're looking for harder the Multiple Compressors or Pumps maintaining a common header pipe under varying loads is always a good problem to analyze and solve.

Hope this is near what you're looking for.  If so they can be detailed out more in later discussions. And you'll find them in other posts as well.