Rector

Keypad in GT Designer

23 posts in this topic

I need a key pad which can be used for numeric input, can anyone provide any sample program.

Thank you.

There are several in the library of gt designer 

Thanks for the reply, Actually I am unable to populate keycode input to a numeric input, can you help me to use that,

for example I will use multiple keycode input append them and use them as a password.

This is in the settings tab. You can select wether to use the standard or one of your own. Also in the page properties you can alter it to another keypad.
I am using my phone at the moment and am not behind my laptop otherwise I would add some screenshots. Have a look if you cannot find it send me a text and lll make a more detailed description 

1 person likes this

Thank you very much for your help. I will definitely let you know if I couldn't find these.

Hello, I have found attributes what you have suggested in the GT Designer now I want to use Keypad in the screen, not pop up keypad which is generated while tapping in number input, can you help me implementing that 

Thanks in advance.

In the system tab there should an entry called key windows where you can define the nr of the screen you’ve created. You can do this for ascii dec and hex inputs. 

This will be the new default but if you want a different one on a specific screen you can change that on the properties of that particular base screen. 

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Yes. I have already implemented that, now I want a dec input in the screen which will available in the particular all the time.

Please check my concept screen, this might be helpful.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 111212.bmp

attachment doesn't seem to work

Yes, I have just checked it and informed same to the admin of this website, is there any other ways I can send you screen shot??

No it should work. Can you dsescribe the problem ? If you have lready setup what i mentioned before than all you need is a input value 

again no file 

Doesn't look like you took the one from the library ? 

It also doesn't need an input field.

never the less it should pop up when you try and enter a Dec number 

Edited by Gambit

Yes Thats the point I am trying to use a fixed DEC Keypad like in Picture not a POP up Keypad, can I implement that?

Thanks in Advance.

I have never put a keypad into a base screen before.  Keep in mind your base screen may have more than one numeric input on it, so how do you plan to tell the keypad which field it is editing?  I am not sure this can work as you desire.

I have seen some HMI with this type of Keypad in working condition, if its not possible to implement in HMI end then I think I have to do it PLC coding end thats what I want to know if it is possible or not?

If the keypad was part of the base screen, how would you tell it which numeric field to edit? Clicking a numeric to open the keypad tells it what variable or address it is editing.  If you don't have to touch the numeric field, I have no idea how you would tell it what to edit.

I think in that case you would have to make the keypad edit one address, and then copy that address to the appropriate one after you hit enter.  

And when you say some HMI with this, are you talking about the GOT family?  I have never seen it done.

you could try putting an invisible button over the box that contains the value you want to edit, then use a tag to highlight or enable input from the keypad. seems like a lot of work to me though. How many individual variables are you trying to edit?

18 hours ago, Crossbow said:

If the keypad was part of the base screen, how would you tell it which numeric field to edit? Clicking a numeric to open the keypad tells it what variable or address it is editing.  If you don't have to touch the numeric field, I have no idea how you would tell it what to edit.

I think in that case you would have to make the keypad edit one address, and then copy that address to the appropriate one after you hit enter.  

And when you say some HMI with this, are you talking about the GOT family?  I have never seen it done.

Yes, I am talking about GOT family. I think I need to develop code in PLC side.

8 hours ago, JustinSmith said:

you could try putting an invisible button over the box that contains the value you want to edit, then use a tag to highlight or enable input from the keypad. seems like a lot of work to me though. How many individual variables are you trying to edit?

I am trying to edit 10 individual variables. like 0 to 9 dec keys.

Edited by Rector

could you add a drop down list to select which variable to focus on for your keypad?