Hardeep11

Step by step hmi and printer setup and report printing

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Please help me to setup Schneider hmi and printer. And report printing.

Nobody can help if you don't tell them what you are using.  You have to be far more specific.  We aren't going to guess what HMI, what printer, what software, and such,

1 person likes this

Hmi - HMIGXU3512 (SCHNEIDER) 

Printer- HP Deskjet

Never seen that product in the US.  And I don't see anything in the manual indicating it has support for a printer.

This HMI series of schneider is well known and how it is possible that you have never seen this. Strange.

2 hours ago, Hardeep11 said:

This HMI series of schneider is well known and how it is possible that you have never seen this. Strange.

From my personal experience, Schneider HMIs in general are not common over here.  The times I have worked on Schneider PLCs, they were using third party HMIs or SCADA, not Magelis.  I don't get involved in many Schneider projects any more.  And they have very low market share in the US.

I'll concur with Crossbow.  I've been in Automation 30 plus years and saw my first Magellis HMI 3 years ago on a furnace we purchased from China.  I've seen two more since then, one on a second furnace and the third on a Hydro Dam Control manufactured in Canada.  Schneider may have a market share, but it's not well known in US unless you're in those industries that use it.

The hmigx series from what I can find is a special series for the Indian market..And that market gives you some special code to unlock that HMI on Vijeo desinger....Vijeo designer prorgams it which is the same as most oldish hmi's from Schneider or Telemecanique. If you have vijeo designer there is some ways of programming printouts(Depends on the outputs you have...or ports). If you know the old line printing codes then it would be ok.. In vijeo there is a line feed printer section under the forms and reports section. Its still a pain to get it to work...because I dont know the the print per line.that well. But I have done some printing direct to zebra or brother printers over ethernet with schneider hmi's . Schneider technical staff dont even know it to do it... Im sure some does but the rest I spoke to for 6 months dont know or dont care