SuegBark

NX1P2-1040DT1, Modbus RTU on CIF-105

6 posts in this topic

I am currently trying to connect my OMRON NX1P2 1040DT1 (Using CIF-105) to my Unitronics V570 PLC, With my OMRON PLC as Master. It seems as if Unitonics Rs485 only wants a six-wire connection type but my OMRON PLC wants a 2-wire or 4-wire connection, Wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem and can assist me.  

1 person likes this

More than likely, the six wire connection they show is an example of the master and two (or more) slaves. Also (I believe), the CIF-105 can do RS485 or RS422. Have a look at this generic explanation. https://www.omega.com/en-us/resources/rs422-rs485-rs232

The Omron manual should describe the various connection methods as well. It's difficult for any of us to understand what the Unitonics needs without the manual or schematic examples.

1 hour ago, IO_Rack said:

More than likely, the six wire connection they show is an example of the master and two (or more) slaves. Also (I believe), the CIF-105 can do RS485 or RS422. Have a look at this generic explanation. https://www.omega.com/en-us/resources/rs422-rs485-rs232

The Omron manual should describe the various connection methods as well. It's difficult for any of us to understand what the Unitonics needs without the manual or schematic examples.

I cant Upload any files or screenshots to my post for some reason, and i am not sure if i am allowed to post links, but the unitronics has a 6pin Rj11 Plug, and as i understand the two outer wires are A+ signal and B- signal, And when i connect the wires to the CIF-105 there is no lights blinking on the Send data or recieve data ports (using two wire configuration). I think the problem is in the cable, because i belive that i have configured both my programs (unitronics and Omron side) correctly. Configured with the same stop bit, Parity, Baud rate and Bit length. 

Edited by SuegBark
Typo

RS422 typically uses 4 wires.  RS485 typically only uses two wires.  I have no idea what a 6 wire setup would look like.  In 23 years of this, I have never seen anyone mention a 6 wire RS485.

Tell us how Unitronics labels each of the wires, maybe that will give us a clue.

There's an issue with the forum software at the moment not allowing attachments, I believe it is being worked on.

17 hours ago, Crossbow said:

RS422 typically uses 4 wires.  RS485 typically only uses two wires.  I have no idea what a 6 wire setup would look like.  In 23 years of this, I have never seen anyone mention a 6 wire RS485.

Tell us how Unitronics labels each of the wires, maybe that will give us a clue.

There's an issue with the forum software at the moment not allowing attachments, I believe it is being worked on.

They mention the two outer wires/pins as A+ signal and B- Signal, and the CIF has a- and B- signals, is this normal? I am currently using the two wire configuration with termination. I have termination in both ends and i am wondering if this is necessary.. https://www.unitronicsplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/V570-57-T20B-J_INSTAL-GUIDE_02-15.pdf 

The link i provided is a unitronics modbus manual

Only use pin 1 (A) en 6 (B). The other four pins are for a RS232 connection.