denise01

Runtime not loading

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have just installed Supervisor V3.2 onto one of our end of line PCs Window 10.

When I try runtime a message appears Unable to load resources.

File CXSUPERVISSORES. DLL

Has anyone else had this problem? Have used the same Developer on all the other Windows 10 PCs without a problem.

Regards

Peter

I have 3.2, can you share the project?

Hi Peter,

CXSUPERVISORRES. DLL is the system language resources for the Runtime program.  It must be installed as part of the installation so I'm not sure why you would get this error but is not project related.  You can try any of the demo projects to confirm that.

- Can you find this file in your installed folder (default <Program Files>\Omron\CX-Supervisor) alongside the SCS.EXE?

- Try launching the runtime different ways - from Start->CX-Supervisor Runtime, double clicking on .SR2/.SR3 file or from Developer if possible.  Are you trying to do anything strange like install to a network drive / moved the SCS.EXE file / run through Remote Desktop etc?

- These days "Run As Administrator" always seems like a good thing to try !!

If all else fails, then uninstall and reinstall should find this file properly installed

Best Regards,
BB.

Hi Berti,

To be honest Windows 10 has been a nightmare for CX Supervisor. When I write a programme on Developer I always do it as Run as Administrator. Unfortunately now my companies IT man has to install CX One and Supervisor as he has Administration Rights. He has done the same installation for most of our PCs so can't really understand. Wondered whether or not upgrading to CX Supervisor V4 would help but it does seem to me as though some files were maybe corrupted when he installed. He is on vacation in India for a few weeks so will get him to reinstall on his return.

Kind regards and Stay Safe 

Peter 

The manuals for CX-Supervisor 3.2 do not indicate support for Windows 10.  Version 4 does.