Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vanquangtk

Timer IC

5 posts in this topic

Hello all

I am sorry for posting this question in the forum, because I don't know where is suitable for posting it.

I need an IC that is small, and can set timer in it. I means after setting a timer in it from a trigger, when timer on it will output in pin.

Do you know which IC  have that ability.

Thanks so much.

assuming you mean a timer intergrated circuit a simple well documented unit would be a 555 timer ic, for use with a minimal number of discrete components

1 hour ago, nehpets said:

assuming you mean a timer intergrated circuit a simple well documented unit would be a 555 timer ic, for use with a minimal number of discrete components

I can't set a timer in 555 IC without adding a new circuit. I want an IC which already has a timer.

you will have to explain further what you mean by the term 'IC' what do you refer to when you say IC

for most people IC stands for "Integrated Circuit" or chip.

555 is a type of timer chip but and mentioned it will need few external components, one of them could be trimmer potentiometer so you can adjust the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_timer_IC

if this is not to your liking (perhaps need even smaller IC and without external components, or different way of changing preset) then consider something like PIC10F

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/40001239F.pdf

but ... it will need to be programmed. 555 was "programmed" through values of external components.

if you are using PLC, every PLC will have some timer function(s) allowing you to create same functionality in the PLC using PLC programming software.