viraj shah

Help required for explicit messaging for CJ2M plc with MURR Block

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I am using CJ2M plc and all I want to do is read some parameters from MURR IO-Link connected to Master block. I have all the information required to read the data and I am also able to do that with the network configurator but having hard time doing it with PLC instructions. I have attached the image of how my network configurator file looks like. It has details related to service number, class id, instance id, attribute id and data. 

I have tried using EGATR, CMND and EXPLT instructions but have no success reading data from the MURR block. It will be really appreciated if some one can help me find out where I am missing something in PLC to implement any of this instructions. 

Capture2.JPG

I have used EXPLT instruction and i am getting error all the time. Has anyone used this instruction before faced same issue and tried to resolve it? Need some help from you guys.

Here is an example using the CMND instuction with an AB PLC. https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/files/file/934-omron-to-ab-ethernetip-explicit-messaging/

I haven't used this example but hopefully could answer some questions you may have. If I remember correctly using the EXPLT instruction, getting the correct Path is key to getting it to work. Also, some manufacturers tend to be a bit flakey with the EIP standard. Maybe you could try with another device if you have one around.