Pujdan

OMRON NS5-SQ10B-V2

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an issue with NS-5 HMI. During transferring new program into HMI, after rebooting I get message: ERROR No.10: file system error: please recover the system program. What is procedure from where I can recover this HMI? I didn't find  folder on CX-Designer under C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\CXDesigner\RecoverUpdate. Is there other way to fix this ERROR?

I download firmware and copy it to the CF card. When I insert CF card into NS-5, and after power on unit, RUN LED light become steady orange for 10seconds and than it become steady green. Screen is black and there is not possible to do (chose) nothing. CF card is original OMRON card and wasn't formatted. How to solve this issue???

DSCF2904.JPG

Edited by Pujdan

The recover update files are in the CD or downloaded software, not in the installed directory.  You should also be able to download a recover/update package from Omron.

I download from Omron web site. When I unzip that file to the CF card I have : Bank1, Bank2, Bank3, OS9, Other, OS9Kboot and OS9000bt. Then when I insert CF card to the PT, when PT starts there is orange steady light (RUN LED) and after 10 seconds it becomes steady green light. Is there any secret how to upload firmware to the PT? What files needs to be uploaded to the PT? Also according official Omron procedure CF card cannot be formatted in win2000, XP, win7 etc. What is for Win10? I think that unit doesn't recognize CF card.  Is it possible to upload firmware trough to serial connection, maybe via hyperlink? I done everything as per Omron procedure, but doesn't going. So, I don't updating firmware, I am recovering, so maybe there is a different in the files, maybe they are not same?

Edited by Pujdan

To the best of my knowledge, it can only be done via the CF card. Does your directory structure look like this? 

MrPLC_NS_Boot_Files.JPG.4ab5d0d0e8178ac4

Directory structure looks same but without "log" folder.

Even I install on VM, new Win98 and try to play with different version of Firmware, but no success.  

Edited by Pujdan

20 hours ago, Pujdan said:

Also according official Omron procedure CF card cannot be formatted in win2000, XP, win7 etc. What is for Win10?

Do not format on any Windows computer. I purchased one preformatted from Omron. There has been a lot of discussion in the past about formatting these cards. It's a very, very old DOS format that is difficult to achieve with today's equipment. Even if you have a very, very old version of DOS, you'll still need a computer with a native CF drive. I've heard where some have been able to format with an old camera that uses CF card. 

I didn't format this CF card. This card was used before and it have back-up project on it. So I only copy firmware files to that CF card, but still its same. Is there any special files that needs to be copy to this CF card? Is there any trick with DIP switch on the HMI?

There are no DIP switch settings for this procedure. I just tested mine on an NS10-TV01B-V2, Lot No. 06612K. My recover files are Ver. 8.7, all DIP switches in the OFF position. I inserted the card and powered the NS on. The recovery program appears in approximately 5 seconds with the title, "Select the way to install the program". 

I don't remember enough to help troubleshoot any more. I think you are correct that it seems to not see the card. I would call Omron technical support.

Its really strange why doesn't booting. Is it possible that problem is in the Os9kboot and Os9000bt? Can those two file can be replaced with some other files?

Hello gents.

I order new CF card SanDisk 120Mb. I copy recovery files to the that new CF card and  try to recovery NS5 HMI terminal but without success. Same thing was happening as before, when I insert CF card into NS-5, and after power on unit, RUN LED light become steady orange for 10seconds and than it become steady green. Screen is black and there is not possible to do (chose) nothing. After this (no successes recovery), I dismantle NS5 HMI terminal and find out that there is also inside NS5 HMI terminal one more CF card (innodisk CF card 1SE) which is located at PCB just below where we inserting CF card for recovering. Does anybody knows purpose of this CF card what is inside NS5 terminal? I also remove this innodisk CF card 1SE, and I inserted it into card CF reader and connected to the PC, but it seems that this card is formatted in some special format because it is not possible to read it. Can anybody give to me some suggestion how to fix this issue with recovering of NS5 HMI terminal??? 

20210325_182842.jpg

20210325_182850.jpg

The outer CF slot is the one used for this. Partition the CF card to a 64mb partition, FAT16. I used a cheap Chinese one with no issues.

Hi photovoltaic,

I know that outer (external) CF slot/card is used for recovering and its formatted in FAT. My question is regarding "internal" CF card. If NS5 terminal is completely closed, you cannot see this internal CF card, in my case is innodisk 1SE CF card. If you open/dismantle NS terminal than this internal CF card is visible. So, my question is, for what is used this internal CF card? Is this ROM CF card? Is it possible that this internal CF card is defective and that is the reason why I can not recovery NS5 terminal with external CF card? What is format of this internal CF card? I think that this internal CF card it can be ROM CF card and maybe its corrupted, and that's why I cannot recovery NS5 terminal with "external" CF card. Does anybody have a clue what is program/format on this internal CF card? Like I say, I suspect that this "system program" on this internal CF card is corrupted. 

20210326_141225.jpg

20210326_141242.jpg

20210326_141335.jpg

20210326_141344.jpg

120MB is likely too large, as he already said, partition it smaller, FAT16, and try again.

I would not go trying to change internal components.  I would bet that card is factory configured.  If there was a reason for you to access it, it would be exposed without disassembling the unit.

Hi Crossbow,

The thing is that first I try with CF card 128Mb (I make mistake when I write that is 120Mb), than I try with CF 64Mb, than with 512Mb and didn't work. Than I insert all of those 3 CF card into PLC CJ2M-CPU33 for formatting. Those CF cards are working fine in the CJ2M PLC. Than again I try to copy recovery files into the those 3 CF card and insert to the NS5 terminal, but situation was same.  After power on of NS5 unit, RUN LED light become steady orange for about 10seconds and than screen flicker (like light brightness) two times, and than LED light it become steady green, but screen is black and there is not possible to do (chose) nothing. That's why I went to dismantle (open) NS5 terminal, and than I seen this other CF card (innodisk 1SE CF card). Than I try to read out what is on this  innodisk 1SE CF card, but its not possible, because when I insert this card into the CF card reader and connect to the PC I get message that card needs to be formatted. I didn't format this innodisk 1SE CF card because I don't know what is on that card and how is formatted. I would like to know what is on this  innodisk 1SE CF card, and what format is used. I think that this CF card is system program CF card, and if is defective/corrupted than I think system will not pull recovery data files.

Are you certain the program in the screen isn't waiting for the PLC to tell it what screen number to open?  

The only thing that can write the internal card is the HMI itself.  You cannot access it, as you notice when you try to put it in the PC...

Hi Crossbow,

I don't get it. How you mean that screen isn't waiting for the PLC to tell it what screen number to open?

I don't have connected NS5 terminal to the PLC, when I trying to load recovering files into NS5 terminal.

Well in my 22 years of automation I have seen multiple instances where the program in an HMI uses a PLC register to say what screen number it should be on.  If the PLC isn't connected, or that value is set to an invalid choice, then it can't read that value and may not be displaying anything. 

Have you tried pressing the top two corners to bring up the system menu?  If you can't access the system menu, you likely need to return it for repair.