eclarkmeyer

PAC Machine Edition v9.80 Build 8695 performance issues

4 posts in this topic

I'm new to PAC Machine Edition so I don't know if the lack of performance of the programming environment is normal or is it my laptop. It seems like every mouse click, every anything has a delay to it. The literature claims that this is high performance but I've not experienced that. Does anyone have any advice?

This may be obvious, but have you RTFM'd and confirmed minimum PC requirements are met?

Yes, I have consulted the manual and my laptop surpasses the minimum requirements. Windows10 Pro 64-bit, Dell Precision 5520, i7, 2.9GHz, 32GB RAM... I have no problem with the performance of any of my other programming suites. I just think that PAC ME is a dog.

The performance of Machine Edition was always an issue since the first version came out. You need to get use to it's slowness. Don't matter what fix they tell you or how fast your machine is it will always be like that (if you are using it on a remote desk top just minimize it before exiting the remote desktop, this will help when you log in again to it)