Marc-Sparky

NT20 touchscreen broken

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an Omron Nt20S touchscreen and the screen is broken.  The only way I know how to get the program off of the screen is to push two corners at the same time and then go into transmit mode. Does anyone know how to upload a program from this screen without changing it to transmit mode?  I already attempted to replace the screen, but I think the program is stored on the circuit board the screen is attached to.

Thanks in advance!

When you press two corners, do you hear a beep?

If so, look at the good NT20S and try to press the buttons on the bad screen, in the area where they should appear. I actually had to do this once to upload the program.

I don't know of any other method to retrieve the program.

No, but thanks for the attempt! The screen is completely shot. I actually was able to get another NT20S and mix and match the circuit boards and screens to make the old one work with the new screen!

Very lucky! Make sure you upload the program from it. CX Designer has a very good conversion tool to upgrade to an NS5. That would be my approach. 

I know! I can't :(  after doing the complete upload it just has an error that says "incompatible PT hardware connected.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 7.45.32 PM.jpeg

I've never seen that before. But then, I've never swapped hardware like that either. Have you tried choosing different models and/or version numbers when you upload?

The only other possibility I can think of is the software difference. If it was programmed with an older DOS version of the software, I remember having an issue with uploading. I don't remember what the error was. Look in the downloads section of MrPLC and get the DOS version. If you can manage an install on some PC, see if you can upload with it. That can be a task in itself. 

It may be easier to reproduce the application from scratch.

Edited by IO_Rack

Ya, i tried. 

Ya, that's great, thanks! It did have another error that mentioens DOS, I didn't get a pic of it. I'll try that. :) 

If you do manage to upload with NTSS (DOS), you can do an offline conversion with NTST. Download the NTST program to the PT and you won't need NTSS again.

Hey, I installed the NT Transfer Utility which I had hoped would solve my problems.  But it would only let me upload in    format.  Which I couldn't open in NT-series support tool.

Could you please send me the link for the NTSS (DOS)?  And when you say offline conversion, do you just mean changing the format it's saved in? 

Thanks.

ps. the stupid forum won't let me upload pictures... even though they are less than 3.91 MB

Sorry. The format I left out is this.

"Memory Map Image File" format

Honestly, I don't quite remember about the format. I believe the default DOS NTSS format will be *.mmi. If not then maybe it'll give you the option to save it as such.

The late and great Mr. Jay Anthony would have been able to give you step by step instructions. He was the master at the old Omron stuff. Sadly, he passed away last year.

2 people like this

I had success to upload from an NT20S with the dos program ntss233 but before i had to set in ntss the pt type = NT20M (Edit screen > F4).

Once uploaded i had to rebuild from scratch the project in the nb designer. But once done the negative values doesnt got displayed because all the variables used special bcd format allowing negative numbers that the new nb hmi no more support. So i had also to modify the plc program to convert the special long bcd format in normal dword format for all the variables with possibly negative values.