Nomad

PLC Software Compatibility Resource?

6 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Semi-noob here with Mitsubishi PLCs. I'm starting a project in which we are upgrading an existing A Series PLC with the Q. 

Is there a datasheet somewhere that lists compatible software within Mitsubishi's lineup? I had no luck in searching their site.

Also, (in the same project) the existing network uses DeviceNet. I have the Q series compatible card for that - but within what software does one configure the network?

Thank you.

You will need GX works 2. But when you buy GX works 3 you will get GX works 2 as well. The same applies to the suite iQ-Works.
Why not upgrade to the latest series the  iQ-R ?

GX config DN.

Are you aware there is an upgrade tool A to Q and also A to iQ-R.

Edited by Gambit
2 people like this

Got it! And just the customer spec kept us at the Q series. I will have to look into getting the GX configurator. 

I just tried to test out that upgrade tool - not very self-explanatory. Had any experience with it before?

Yes, I tried it a few times just to get a sense how much effort an upgrade would be.

You just need to enter the spec module info of the A series config. There was a manual for it i think

Got it. 

I had no luck with this first screenshot but then I found info (no. 4) from the second.

Also, is the GX Configurator DN for the Q series? Is it not possible to configure DN using GX Works2?

Screenshot 2021-01-22 092704.png

AnS to Q Series.png

Edited by Nomad

You use it from GX works2 and it is also installed, But if you still use GX Works than you will have to install it separately and select spec function utill from GX Developer

Edited by Gambit