Nkiragga

Help please

8 posts in this topic

I got a new cpm2a and installed cx one (programmer) on my dell XP and tried connecting it but failed. I’m using the peripheral port (serial to usb (cif02)) and also made sure my drivers read this cable correctly but when open my cx programmer I choose cpm2a* and when try changing the network type to the USB port, it doesn’t show up at all. Idk what I’m doing wrong. Please help 

@Nkiragga If you use Serial to USB cable you need to select communicate with COM Port of your cable.

USB port in CX-Programming is only for PLCs with a USB port on board.  You are using a serial cable with a USB converter, it will show up on your PC as a COM port.

I have set up my com port but for some reason now it has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. And I have updated the driver for this com but nothing. Still stays yellowed out 

Sounds like Windows doesn't like your USB to serial adapter or your drivers are in error.

Thankyou guys. Really appreciate it. I was able to connect it via serial instead but now the PLC is stuck with an error red light. I can’t find a way thru the manual on how to remove it from the get go before starting to program 

what I’ve noticed is that as soon as I give power to the PLC even if I haven’t connected it to the PC thru the serial cable I’m using, the error (red light) is already showing 

Edited by Nkiragga

Sounds like an invalid program or a hardware problem.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:36 PM, Nkiragga said:

Thankyou guys. Really appreciate it. I was able to connect it via serial instead but now the PLC is stuck with an error red light. I can’t find a way thru the manual on how to remove it from the get go before starting to program 

what I’ve noticed is that as soon as I give power to the PLC even if I haven’t connected it to the PC thru the serial cable I’m using, the error (red light) is already showing 

You should check alarm log that which alarm occurs.

OMRON_PLC_Alarm_01.jpg.2bbd6b4e25ed75fba

1 person likes this