8 posts in this topic

Hi!

I would like to ask your help. I have a problem with an allen bradley touch panel. I would like to know which user is active. Like maintenance, administrator... Is there any dedicated tag to decide and  to convey it toward the plc (also ab). If there is none. Can anybody suggest an alternative solution ? 

Thanks ahead in advance. 

What kind of touch screen are you using? 

Did you try the string tag "system\User"?

Not sure how to get it into the PLC.  Maybe a macro in "Global Connections"?

There are macros that run when a user logs in or logs out. You could use one of those to write the user name to a string tag in the PLC. Or do something similar. I *think* that will work, but I've never done it before.

I believe we store the password in the PLC 

Using something like If the Password_Input equals 2013(our password), then energize Maintenance_User output.

Joe E's idea would work best.

In FT Studio, a macro writes a value to a direct reference tag in the PLC. One of the means by which a macro can be activated is a user logging in. 

In the Macros file, you'd create a macro for each user group. The PLC tag (data type STRING) would be the same for each macro, but the expression would be the name of the user group.

In Runtime Security, select the correct Login Macro for each group.

The programmer might have used the original functionality of the FactoryTalk regarding users and passwords based upon the Windows philosophy.  Then again, they may have developed a PLC logic based security system.  Either way look at global tagging and the macros as well as the security settings of the application.