Edmund Campbell

Problems installin gx developer in win 10 and win 7

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I am a newbie. Recently I had to do a fresh windows 7 install on my personal laptop, as the original hard drive died. Now Before I had gx developer etc installed on the other hard drive no problem (could not clone old hard drive too many bad spots), but now I try to install and the installer does nothing  I tried to install 8.91 on my window 10 laptop and it gets 3/4 of the way and says"Failled to start the MELSOFT common Component Installer" and then cancels the install. Any ideas on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

@Edmund Campbell I think your GX Developer version that you have support only windows 32 bit version then it could be installed on windows 10.

You should install GX Works 2 that include with GX Developer in installation file then update your GX Developer on lastest version follow by this site (need to register).

https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/service/download

I have gx works 2 but when I want to run the developer it says I need to install it. I will try to reinstall it later.

Edited by Edmund Campbell

Hey there! I've never used DFB or card2phone, but it's great to hear they're working well for you. As for other magic apps, have you checked out smartengines.com? They offer automatic document scanning and OCR software that could be useful for certain magic tricks. Additionally, there are a few other apps like iForce by Greg Rostami and Inject by Greg Rostami and Phantom Card that are highly rated by magicians.

Edited by fredsasd

On 3/4/2022 at 8:41 AM, fredsasd said:

Have you ever tried to install a hard drive on a gx developer?

I am not sure what you mean, but I have solved my problem. I have a win xp laptop that I am now using for the programs. Works well. It means I do not have to carry my other laptop arround the plant. Also I am not working much with these machines any more so my need for the programs is limited. Thanks for the input.