mr_electrician

What's with my font???

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone ran into a situation on the PV+ where the font is not displaying properly on the actual HMI?

I have a slogan that appears great on the development (v.11 ME) and in simulation, however it does not display properly on the HMI?

Thanks in advance.

Font Error.jpg

Font Error2.jpg

Have you tried deleting the object and recreating it?  I don't recall having this exact problem, but I've had buttons that don't work, problems with animation, etc. that were fixed by recreating. 

Here are my standard steps for weirdnesses in FT View Studio, especially with the communications shortcut. It's worth a shot here too.

Delete-recreate the object, then make a new MER.
If that doesn't work, close VIew Studio and re-open it, then make a new MER.
If that doesn't work, reboot the PC, then make a new MER.

Is that the only object that uses that font? With the PV+ being a Windows device, that may be doing weird things. I'd try another font as a test. If it works with the new font, try changing it back.

Thanks for the tips to delete the object and recreate.  Not only did this work but it also verified that FT is nothing but a piece of garbage.  I should not have to waste my time creating simple text just to have to delete it and recreate a runtime file and re download.......just to then recreate my simple text object and re recreate a runtime file so I can download.

OMRON is so much better.....make a change and download.  No special runtime file needs to me made first.

I'm generally a big fan of AB stuff, especially PLCs and drives. Their old PanelView Standard HMIs were solid...but I've never liked the PV+ line. The Micro 800 series PLCs and PV Component HMIs are also on the "avoid" list.

Now that this is solved I need to figure out why the screen is soooo sluggish when changing from one screen to the other.

I have my update rate as fast as it can go however when I select a screen to go to it takes around 2 to 3 seconds to finally load the buttons and indicators.  The background and various shapes load instantly.

Any thoughts on this one?

There is a possibility that this is a classic case of faster isn't really faster it's actually slower.  With the super fast update rate you're sending out requests for data that the PLC can't answer.  I'd try a slower update rate by maybe 50% and see how the responsiveness changes.  Just an idea.

I agree with Bob. Try the default display update rate of 1 second and work from there. You should be able to test the responses from your laptop using the Test Application mode, prior to creating and downloading a new .mer to the PanelView.

Well the screen lag ended up being our company logo!!!  Apparently you cannot scale down an image by dragging with your mouse.  Max size of image is 900 pixels which is fairly small!!!

I took our logo off the project for now and the screen is now flawless.

1 person likes this

Thanks for looping back and answering with your end result.  Sorry the graphics logo hosed things.  That's one for the memory banks.

I would not have suspected that at first. Definitely good to know.