Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mejia4002

PanelView Plus 700 backup

3 posts in this topic

Hi dear friends,

what do i need i order to make a backup from a panelviwe plus 700 and upload it to another?

the HMI is communicating to a SCL 5-05  by ethernet by the way.

hope you can guide trough this

best regards

HMI.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 10.46.33 AM.jpeg

The Good News:

If it has not gone totally unresponsive and you can get to the configuration screen a simple USB Drive or SD Card should allow you to move the runtime program or *.mer from the failed unit to the USB/SD and then from the USB/SD to the new unit.  I make it a policy to always put the running MER on an SD/USB that I keep mounted to each PVPlus.  That way electricians can do the swap without needing engineering/technical assistance.

The Not So Good News:

If it has gone front panel unresponsive, then you'll need a copy of Factory Talk View Transfer Utility {ask your Rockwell Distributor or at their website} and transfer from OLD/Failed to new.  Once this is done, see my good news post above and deploy an SD?USB for future error proffing.

The Bad News:

There is a slim possibility that the unit has died to the point the transfer utility won't work.  In this case you'll need full blown Factory Talk View Machine Edition and rebuild the HMI Program from scratch.  Or find the apa backup file and rebuild a new MER executable.

Do you have FactoryTalk View Studio for Machine Edition? If so, it comes with a program called "ME Transfer Utility". You can connect to the HMI and use the utility to upload and download the runtime file.

However...

It's possible to have multiple runtime files on the HMI at the same time and you can't tell which one is the active one without getting to the system's configuration mode. If the transfer utility shows that there's only one runtime file, well and good. But if there are more than one it probably won't be obvious which one is the correct one.

To figure out which runtime file is active, or if you don't have View Studio, you'll need to access the configuration mode of the HMI. Here are some links that may be helpful:
https://theautomationblog.com/how-do-i-access-the-panelview-plus-configuration-menu/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3E7bjhBDVA
https://theautomationblog.com/panelview-plus-white-square-missing-or-f1-not-opening-configuration-mode/

If the unit boots up and otherwise works but doesn't respond to touch, you can plug in a USB keyboard/mouse. I have a wireless combo that uses one transceiver for both the keyboard and mouse that works like a champ for this.