Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nick hay

Mitsubishi FX to KInco MD204L comms cable

5 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

Has anyone experience of linking these together ?

I have tried using various connections for RS232 using info gained from the web for FX 9 pin/Standard 232 connections but cannot get it to work.

The 204 manual says use the propriety cable but I want to make my own. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick 

I feel same problem as you. I want to connect Kinco MT4434T with Mitsubishi FX3GA. I hoped tha I could make cable for my own. 

I found detailed manual how to connect this to devices (and many others PLC to Kinco)

here is the reference http://www.kinco.nl/download/HMI%20and%20PLC%20connecting%20guide.pdf

On page 196 you can find pinout for this cables. 
I maid pinout for FX3GA but Kinco stiil doesn't see my PLC.

May be you know how to do this?

Hi

The CPU port on FX PLCs is RS422 so you need to implement a converter if you want to use det RS232 port. Or install a RS232 port in the FX PLC.

Edited by GreenMan

You need to add an RS232 option board to the PLC.  The built in port is meant for programming, not for data transmission.  Pretty sure the serial commands like RS/RS2 cannot access this port.

I made communication successfully. Cable pin-out as in instraction previously is right. I used cable for RS422. And protocol is used RS422-4.

1 person likes this