aungcithu1

Modbus Adress ..Online Grain Moisture Analizer and IVC1 series PLC

4 posts in this topic

8ds2yz5

I'm trying to communicate with INVT PLC and DGM8002(grain moisture analyzer) via mobus RTU.

Can anyone explain about these Modbus address ? Please kindly see in picture . example working mode address K0 (0-stop ,1-manual,  2-Auto)
Actual Moisture Address K6
What is meaning of K0,K1,K3,K6.
Is that K0= 0000 K2 = 2000. K3=3000 ? Any suggestion please. I'm really appreciated your comments.❤️

Edited by aungcithu1

The Moisture Meter supports only Function Code 03, Read Holding Register (this device is limited to one read or one write at a time) and Function Code 06, Write single value to a Holding register.

From that one might deduce that K0 means that the register addresses use zero based addressing and that K5 and higher are read-only registers

Meter  zero-based  one-based           Type
K0      0000             (4)0001        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K1      0001             (4)0002        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K2      0002             (4)0003        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K3      0003             (4)0004        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K4      0004             (4)0005        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K5      0005             (4)0006        R, FC03
K6      0006             (4)0007        R, FC03
remainder are read only

The data values are most likely 16 bit integers, where K5 is a signed integer with a range of -5 to +5.   The other registers could be signed integers, too, but they all appear to positive values.

The K1 value seem to be truncated to the two high order decimal digits:
11 = 1100
25 = 2500

It's not my moisture meter so I only know what the sheet says,but
K0 appears to be a control status word. the value 0 = stopped, the value 1 means it is in manual mode, value 2 means it is in auto mode.  This is most likely a read/write register so that one can remotely run the device in manual or auto mode or stop it by writing the appropriate value.

Regarding K2 Moisture setting address K1, it appears that this device somehow changed moisture content, from the statement, "When the measured moisture vlue for three consecutive times is less than or equal to the set moisture value . ".  The 'set moisture value' appears to be a control setpoint, hence K1 register (4)0002, is the moisture setpoint value.  Again, not my box . . .

K3 is the the type of grain that is being measured.

K6 Actual Measured Address probably means the measured moisture value, residing at register address (4)0007  

One uses zero or one based address values depending on what the master uses or requires.

Edited by DanW
Typo in the register list

9 hours ago, DanW said:

The Moisture Meter supports only Function Code 03, Read Holding Register (this device is limited to one read or one write at a time) and Function Code 06, Write single value to a Holding register.

From that one might deduce that K0 means that the register addresses use zero based addressing and that K5 and higher are read-only registers

Meter  zero-based  one-based           Type
K0      0000             (4)0001        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K1      0001             (4)0002        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K2      0002             (4)0003        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K3      0003             (4)0004        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K4      0004             (4)0005        R/W, FC03 or FC06
K5      0004             (4)0006        R, FC03
K6      0005             (4)0007        R, FC03
remainder are read only

The data values are most likely 16 bit integers, where K5 is a signed integer with a range of -5 to +5.   The other registers could be signed integers, too, but they all appear to positive values.

The K1 value seem to be truncated to the two high order decimal digits:
11 = 1100
25 = 2500

It's not my moisture meter so I only know what the sheet says,but
K0 appears to be a control status word. the value 0 = stopped, the value 1 means it is in manual mode, value 2 means it is in auto mode.  This is most likely a read/write register so that one can remotely run the device in manual or auto mode or stop it by writing the appropriate value.

Regarding K2 Moisture setting address K1, it appears that this device somehow changed moisture content, from the statement, "When the measured moisture vlue for three consecutive times is less than or equal to the set moisture value . ".  The 'set moisture value' appears to be a control setpoint, hence K1 register (4)0002, is the moisture setpoint value.  Again, not my box . . .

K3 is the the type of grain that is being measured.

K6 Actual Measured Address probably means the measured moisture value, residing at register address (4)0007  

One uses zero or one based address values depending on what the master uses or requires.

Dear Danw..... Thanks you so much ...im so joyful that getting reply from you... I'll try to test and let you know very soon 

Edited by aungcithu1
Grammer error