KyleH

need PLC or simulator with CSP support

1 post in this topic

I have an open source library for Ethernet/IP and Modbus PLC communications.   It also support PCCC-type PLCs like PLC-5, SLC and MicroLogix via encapsulation in CIP/EIP (Ethernet/IP).   I just had a user let me know that they have a PLC-5/80 that apparently never got fully updated to support Ethernet/IP.   It appears to only support CSP (port 2222).  I have most of the code already, so I want to support CSP.

I have a converted PLC-5/30 with a 1785 sidecar.   It shows open ports on port 2222 and 44818, but if I connect to port 2222 using Ron Gage's code, it immediately closes the connection.   I read somewhere (here? I think it was a comment from Ken Roach) that this was used to tell RSLinx to try the other protocol.

I want to use some sort of PLC that "speaks" CSP in order to write up support for it in my library.   Is that something that I can do with my old PLC-5?  I looked around in RSLogix 5 to see if there was something obvious to re-enable CSP on my PLC-5 but I could not find anything.  

Anyone have any pointers?  I might think about going on eBay to find some old hardware, but how could I even tell if something supports CSP?   Even a simulator would be fine.