Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryanparrish

Micro 810 DO Fault

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am new here please let me know if there is a problem with this post. I bought an 810 and wired it up and wanted to check its function. I toggled the logic value. I hear the contractors close although when I read voltage I do not get 24v out. I have been looking all over the place and can't come up with a reason why I wouldn't see 24v on the DO

Ryan

Welcome to mrplc.com ryan.  Your question is an excellent one and I'm sure you'll find help to an answer.  If you could provide a little more information it will help people who might assist you sort things out.  1) Can you tell us the full model number of the 810?  2) I assume the contactors you're hearing close are the internal relays of the 810?  And finally could you describe how you have the circuit wired and where you're connecting your meter?

1. It the 2080-LC10-12QWB 

2. Yes they are the internal relays on the PLC 

3. I am measuring across the neutral and positive side. 

4. I am measuring voltage into the PLC  so I know the meter works and I have power at the PLC. This also lets me know I am within range on the meter as well. Then I measure for power at the PLC itself then I measure at the contactor it is wired to.  If I could flow chart my troubleshooting I would. I tested that I have power and a good neutral going to the PLC. Additionally, the PLC is on so it is receiving the correct voltage. I am ruling out a software issue because I hear the relays closing. Additionally, I am setting a value in the global variable so this should rule out any quirk in the ladder programming. Unless there is something that I am missing in the initial setup. Then I am measuring the output side of the PLC where I should get a voltage. I am measuring across positive and neutral and the contactor as a double check to verify I am indeed not getting voltage. The only thing I can think of is there is some type of internal fusing that was shorted. This was acquired from eBay so it could be a possibility. Thus not allowing voltage to flow through the closed relays.  I wanted to also double-check with someone that knows more than I about PLC's to see if I am missing some type of setup in Connected Components Workbench or something that might be more obvious to a seasoned pro.