ElectronGuru

Studio5000 V32 Bookmark Tool Anomaly

2 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I've had V32 installed for at least a year but haven't had much need for it until this month. I installed a new activation on Friday that I thought crashed V32, which was weird because all the other Studio versions were working. Any time I tried to open an existing project or even create a new one, I would get an "access violation was generated" fatal error. I reached out to a colleague who found a tech note on the problem. Turns out the activation had nothing to do with the crash but rather, turning on the bookmark tool bar caused it. If you have the bookmarks toolbar turned on in version 32  the Windows desktop needs to be set at 100% magnification, not 125% which is the Windows default. Right clicking on the desktop, picking display settings and changing the scale and layout to 100%, then rebooting the computer fixed it. But now all the Windows icons are really small.

I've been spending most of my time in V21 through V28 until recently. Since we're all likely going to be seeing more V32 in the near future, I'd thought I'd pass this on.

Thanks @ElectronGuru once again Windows and Softwares that don't play nice in all conditions.

1 person likes this