spark man

getting the information out of a plc2 basic module

30 posts in this topic

@spark man even though there is nothing in RAM your program could still be on the ROM. Here's a sample output of "Call 81". It tells me there is 1 program in ROM.

xx.thumb.png.8fd05a3545036e99533755b9e0a

You can then change the console to look at the program by typing ROM 1 then list the program stored.

yy.thumb.png.58e6c10e1da631891eebaa3dc65

Hope this helps.

This worked great!  Thank you everyone for all the help.  I was able to gain access to the prom and find out I have 3 programs stored on it.  I was able to get the information off of it for all three of them and save them as text files. I used a windows 10 laptop and a usb to serial adapter from sea-level and a 1784-cp10 cable.  i used the program putty to make the connection.   Again thank you all very much for all the help! 

1 person likes this

@spark man Thank You for hanging in there and working through it with us and most importantly posting the outcome.  So many times we give suggestions and assistance and never know if the original issue or problem is resolved.  And before I forget "Welcome to MRPLC.com".

1 person likes this

I agree, thanks for posting the outcome. Out of curiosity did you find if the db module was doing anything?

Right now it is not.   It is supposed to be doing stuff.  One of the programs is for the counters and one program is for temp sensors on the machine.  Which explains why I have had issues with both being inconsistent and both not working right.   The third program is for the information going to the HMI on this machine and that explains why I could not get some of the icons and faults status to work like they are supposed to. I think for now i am goin to leave it running as it is and not try to re-upload from the prom. the machine is running and making production.  I am working with a company called Soft PLC to use all the information to upgrade to a new plc and HMI system.   

Edited by spark man