RobinEriksen

PowerFlex fault history

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am having trouble with an electric motor that keeps stopping randomly. It does not happen often but maybe once everyday. 

I get no fault message on the HMI. I am not sure if I get an error on the frequency converter because the operators does a quick reset to get it working again to avoid production stop.

Is there a way to view a fault history on the PowerFlex 525? Or can I connect my computer somehow and start a data logging so I can read out what happens when it stops?

Thanks in advance.

You can use a MSG instruction to read the fault history. I think it has the last 3 faults saved inside the drive.

Here's the MSG configuration:
PF525_ReadFaults_MSG.PNG.a3a24d697df3853

And the tag values:
PF525_ReadFaults_Tags.PNG.5efc0e87eb2cc9

The "...ParNos" array is the "Source Element" tag in the MSG configuration while the "...Results" array is the "Destination Element".

The PF525 holds up to ten faults, with the three most recent grouped together. Joe E gives a great example on how to read the faults from Logix, but you can also read them directly from the front of the drive. 

Use the touch pad keys to navigate to the "F" parameters. The value found in F604 would be the fourth alarm code that occurred. The value is found in F606 would be the sixth alarm code that occurred.

The fault descriptions start on page 15 of the manual, here:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/520-um001_-en-e.pdf

Also, if you have Connected Components Workbench (CCW) (which is a free download from Rockwell) you can go online directly with the drive and read the fault codes from there.

CCW also has data logging to record data over time or trending which is in graph form and much faster sample. Or saving a techsupport wizard will also show you fault and alarm history. If the event occurs and there is no fault, it's likely the run or stop command was removed

Edited by VFD Guy