Ctor

Plants with many PLCs OMRON

11 posts in this topic

Hi colleagues,

I would like to ask you about companies in whose plants have many OMRON PLCs, such as NISSAN.

Thanks

Our plant used to standardize on Omron PLCs. We've since acquired several different brands but still use about 200 or more in our plant.

Why do you ask?

I would like to propose a system to control the PLC programmers' activity, improving the proccess control and the security of the sequence.
Thanks

Check out the MDT-Autosave software.  It handles Omron and many other vendors PLCs, HMIs and Robots with Change Management and Version Control.

Last two places I worked we deployed it to great success.

https://www.mdt-software.com/

On 3/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, lostcontrol said:

That probably wouldn’t work easily with SYSMAC ?

Website clearly lists CX-Programmer and Sysmac Studio.

so it does, wonder how that works considering sysmac doesn't have the same windoze file access?

Maybe it launches sysmac itself?

They have a short demo video here - https://www.mdt-software.com/mdt-autosave/

In short the Autosave Client retrieves the library copy of the source code from the Autosave Server and uses the target machine software {Studio5000, Sysmac, CX, FTView, Ecostruxure, etc.} to allow you to monitor, modify / work with the programmable device.  When you're done and exit the programming software the client picks back up, prompts you for a change notice and sends a copy of the latest and greatest to the server.  I've used it at various job sites for the last 15+ years.  They have a decent user base and strive to keep up with the latest software releases.

As far as I know MDT isn't working with Studio.  My understanding is it has the ability to access the PLC directly, and is backing up from there.