mahnasr

Heidenhain EnDat

5 posts in this topic

Hi

What are the rules for choosing a heidenhain EnDat encoder?

I have a broken encoder on my Baumuller servo motor need to be replaced, Apparently the encoder model is outdated (ECN 1313), and you could not find it in the market, Somebody told me you need to find an ECN 1313 with the same ID Nr and with the same secret code next to the model like G5 or V1 ...

Any idea?
Is there any new model of EnDat can be replaced with an old one, and what is the rules for choosing a right one to replace?

Best regards
James

pop29684

Thanks

Actually Heidenhain team does not answer me saying we don't have any representation in your country.

Anyway your answer was such a guide for me. And I read the PDF file. The main question is that Can I program the memory of ECN 113 according to ECN 1313?

Do you know what the differences between EnDat01, EnDat22, etc are? Are they compatible for using in the same servo motor?

Paul

Best regards

I'm afraid I don't have any answers for those questions. I have never used the encoders you are referencing. I hope someone else on this site would kindly supply an answer.

Apart from Haidenhanin, you refer to either Rotary or Linear Scale encoders using EnDat Protocol. I had a chance to work with them on CNC machines. EnDat is simply a data transfer protocol which can be controlled by the PLC/control system.

You use those encoders likely for CNC or some sort of high precision machinery you are better of asking the supplied of the given machinery rather than a component supplier.

As you are in Iraq, from my experience, those machines are of a very strict location restrictions, your only chance is trying to contact the machine supplier.