mroland72

C200HE Backup

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the latest version of CS Programmer that includes the PLC Backup Tool that will support the C200HE-CPU42 PLC?  I've gone back a couple of versions but they don't appear to support the C200

C200HE should be in any version of CX-Programmer.  C200 is an old product, C200HE is 2 generations newer.

C200 was replaced by C200H, then C200HS, then C200H Alpha (HE/HG/HX).  All of that is legacy, replaced at least 4 more generations.

The PLC Backup Tool is a relatively new function in CX Programmer. As Crossbow as mentioned, the C200HE is an old platform. The PLC Backup Tool did not exist even when C200HE was current. 

You can do a complete backup manually. 

1) "Transfer From PLC" in the "PLC > Transfer menu". 

2) "Transfer from the PLC" in the IO Table (Project Tree). Include SIOU unit parameters if you have any.

3) "Transfer from PLC" in the PLC Settings (Project Tree). 

4) Double click Memory from the project tree. Double click HR and DM (These are your retentive memory). Perform a Transfer data from PLC. Make sure you have "ALL" selected. Then perform a Save in Project. 

There may be options to transfer IO Table and Settings from the PLC > Transfer dialog but I never trust it. It may not be a problem now in CX Programmer but It became a habit for me to at least compare everything individually.

Edited by IO_Rack
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

You can do a complete backup manually. 

1) Transfer From PLC from the PLC > Transfer menu. 

It's not possible for PLC which is Running the process, PLC would stop while transferring the program from PLC. We have to use backup tool if stopping the PLC would create any issue in the process. Clarify if there is any other option without Stopping the running process. Pardon me if i am wrong.

Edited by Abdul Wajid

Transferring from the PLC to the PC (I think this was what was intended) does NOT stop the PLC.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:19 PM, Michael Walsh said:

Transferring from the PLC to the PC (I think this was what was intended) does NOT stop the PLC.

Yes, sorry. I re-read that and found it confusing myself. I typically try to use the text from the actual menus and put quotes around them.