derickloo

Twincat PLC - how declare variable

7 posts in this topic

I'm new in PLC programming.  I have a small project which have 15 temperature sensor.  How I should declare the variable for this 15 sensor.  

I try code below

temp0 AT %IW10: INT;
    temp1 AT %IW12:INT;

I also have 15 controller which use to control the temperature.  How I should declare this 15 controller also?

Hi !

Hope you've already found a solution, if not, or if somebody as the same question, in TwinCAT you have to declare a input or output like that:

temp0 AT %I*: INT;

myOutput AT %Q*: BOOL;

And once you've build your solution you will be able to link those virtual IOs with your reel IOs in the "IO" module of TwinCAT

@derickloo and @Aurelien_TT welcome to mrplc.com.  I am glad that two first time posters were able to connect and begin to give and receive help.  I can't explain why a post from 12/7 would just show up as new today 12/23 but I'm going to notify the site managers and see if they have any ideas.  Sorry it took so long @derickloo.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:00 AM, derickloo said:

Hi i use this excel doc it´s very usefull, just check wich type of data you want to use.

Also use this example 

i_B100_temp0 AT %IB100:INT;

i_B100_temp0 AT %IB150:INT;

SSB SWITCH_ M330705SSB_EQN_ST10.xls

16 hours ago, Aurelien_TT said:

Hi !

Hope you've already found a solution, if not, or if somebody as the same question, in TwinCAT you have to declare a input or output like that:

temp0 AT %I*: INT;

myOutput AT %Q*: BOOL;

And once you've build your solution you will be able to link those virtual IOs with your reel IOs in the "IO" module of TwinCAT

Means I no need declare one by one, just declare temp0 AT %I*: INT, then during linked time, all my IOs can link to same variable?

Yes you have to declare every Input one-by-one, but you will also have to linked manually every variable with every IOs one-by-one. (Maybe you can use array for your IOs but it will be a little bit more complicated)

Here is a very useful guide, you can have a look at the last chapter of this tutorial https://www.contactandcoil.com/twincat-3-tutorial/quick-start/

Following up on derickloo's question about input mapping...

I am used to being able to declare an input at a given memory address, then using a memcpy function to map a larger input area to get all of the inputs mapped at once.  For example:

An input IO Block which has 392 bytes of process data:

VAR_GLOBAL
	InputDataStart AT %I*: WORD;
	InputData:ARRAY[0..392] OF BYTE;
END_VAR

//Copy the block of memory with length 392 bytes starting with the InputDataStart to the InputData Array
MEMCPY(destAddr:=ADR(GVL.InputData) , srcAddr:=ADR(GVL.InputDataStart) , n:=392 );

Or is the only way to individually painstakingly map each and every byte?