Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Mike

Mitsubishi ethernet to Wonderware

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have the task of making a Wonderware application talk to a A1SJ71E71N-T ethernet card that is located in the 7th slot on the rack. The processor is a A1SCPU-S1. I have a Kepware I/O server running the Mitsubishi Ethernet Driver. The wonderware and the server seem to communicate fine. However when I plug in the sample program to initialize the ethernet card I keep getting an error. The error is related to the TO instruction I'm using to assign the IP number. My questions: 1. Since the ethernet card is located in the 7th slot, I should use the I/O that would be associated with that slot, correct? The rack has the following cards: slot 0 - 32 point input slot 1 - 32 point input slot 2 - 16 point output slot 3 - 64 point output slot 4 - 32 point input slot 5 - A1SJ71PT32-S3 48 point slot 6 - A1SJ71C24-R4 - 32 slot 7 - A1SJ71E71N-T - 32 point (?) I figured out the amount of used I/O based on what was mapped in the program and figured my config settings should start at X110 and Y110. Is this correct or do I have to use X0-X1F and Y0-Y1F like the example in the manual states? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

The IO setup is as follows: X00 - X1F slot 0 - 32 point input X20 - X3F slot 1 - 32 point input Y40 - Y4F slot 2 - 16 point output Y50 - Y8F slot 3 - 64 point output Y90 - YAF slot 4 - 32 point input XYB0 - XYDF slot 5 - A1SJ71PT32-S3 48 point XYE0 - XYFF slot 6 - A1SJ71C24-R4 - 32 XY100 - XY11F slot 7 - A1SJ71E71N-T - 32 point (?) Thus the IO that you would use would be XY100 - XY11F and the head address for the module would be H10 (i.e. [TO H10 ...etc) The 71PT32 Melsec Mini card that you mentioned was 48 points, are you sure? I think that this can either be 48 or 38 points depending on the position of the swicth, the IO above relates to it being set as 48 points, your suggestion of X100 as a start address would be correct if it were set to 32 points If this does not help, can you either post the code or let us know the exact instruction at which the processor is failing Regards

Thanks navillusi for the quick reply. As for as the 71PT32, the mapped I/O is set at 48 points. This is a running program that they wanted to update with Wonderware. I miss-counted the I/O, so that would be part of the problem. The error I'm getting involves the TO instruction that moves the IP Number into the ethernet card buffer. The instruction looked like this: ----[TO H7 K0 D100 K2]---- I believe my error was in the head address, because the error message stated the location was not a special function. Can you explain why it would be H10 instead of H7? The programming manual states that the H should be the slot where the special card resides. I'm new to Mitsubishi PLC's so I apologize if that question seems ignorant. Thanks again for the help.

Any instruction that references a special function module, i.e. an analog or comms card etc (anything with buffer memory) would use the To and From instructions. The first operand of the instruction refers to the "head address" of the module, second operand refers to the buffer memory location. The head address is the start I/O address with the last 0 removed hence a module with the start I/O of XY90 would have a head address of 9 The head address can be expressed either has hexadecimal (H9) or as decimal (K9) in the to/from instruction. If you are using the MOV Ux\Gx on the Q series it must be in decimal. Thus in your example, the ethernet module has the start IO address of 100h thus [TO H10..... or maybe [TO K16.... if you use decimal Try to stick to one format though, it gets less confusing, most of the manuals for the A and Q series use Hex for the head address, you normally only see the decimal version in Fx PLC's In your example when you used [TO H7...., the PLC was trying to reference buffer memory which was somewhere within the 64pt output, hence the error Regards

Thank you very much for the help navillusi. I'll let you know how it comes out..