_Pavel_

CS1G-CPU44H restore program from SD card

3 posts in this topic

Dear all,

Can anybody please help with the following, I'm not familiar with the CS1G-CPU44H. My customer can't restore program from SD card. because some files are absent.

Can anyone say, if there really something absent, or it is possible to restore program with these files.

- autoexec.obj

- autoexec.std

- comments.cmt

- programs.idx

- symbols.sym

Many thanks.

There is no SD card on a CS1.  SD didn't come about until NJ-Series.  It had a different memory card format.

Not familiar with those files.  Check the manuals for the CS1 CPU to look up the backup and restore process.

In my experience, this method did not work very well unless it was completely tested. The files you show will restore the user program. What may be missing is any SIOU setup. I did this once a very long time ago. What I mean is, I created a backup then completely restored the PLC to factory condition by clearing the program, memory areas, I/O Table, SIOU setup and PLC Settings. 

My CF backup did not work. To fix it, I had to program the SIOU setup in PLC Ladder. 

If any setup is done using dialog boxes in CX Programmer, the appropriate memory areas will be set. When those memory areas are cleared, your setup is gone.

Edited by IO_Rack