Jo Palm

NB DESIGNER NUMBER INPUT

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been trying to use the number display on NB designer HMI. it is connected to an NX1 Controller with sysmac studio as the automation software. I have a timer on my program and i want to display it to my hmi screen. However, the screen of tge number display keeps on blinking with "****" and random numbers and not showing the elapsed time of my timer in plc. Thanks in advance! 

I don't know for sure but I highly doubt the NB is capable of displaying Sysmac Studio 'TIME' data type. I would convert 'TIME' to 'UINT' then try to display on the NB.

Thanks. I converted the time first using timetosec, then used lint to uint converter. The seconds could now appear on the display.
However, I have another problem. The display is fine from numbers 1 to 9, but instead of continuing to 10, it would show asterisks again, then after maybe 5 sec, number 10 will then appear and will increment up to 19, then asterisk will be displayed, and after 5 sec again, number 20 will appear until 29th, then asterisk again, and so on...

I don't know much about the NB. It sounds like the NB is expecting a BCD value and you are supplying a UINT. See if you can find a setting in your NB data display to change the data type to integer or decimal.