Tecline

HMI settings gone after PLC (MELSEC FX - 16MR) BATTERY FAILURE. EEPROM IS MOUNTED.

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have Hanagata HP-10z overwrapping machine. After Covid 19 shut down it developed a battery failure. The PLC (MITSUBISHI FX-16MR) has EEPROM in it and switch is selected to run mode. It was running perfectly before it. Now HMI has question marks in stead of my old setting (all time and temperature settings dispaying "??????"). I have changed them and heating is working OK, Also replaced the battery. But when I start it nothing happens. HMI displays Automatic Start but moters are not running. None of Automatic start, film infeed, manual L-sealer operation buttons are working. I see trigger light is going ON on the PLC. But is not operating. Is it possible that I have to reset all frequency inverters? Also is it posible that PLC lost memory even with EEPROM siting inside?

I would apreciate any help. 

Edited by Tecline

More information needed...But is the run light on, on the plc?

Yes. Green Power and Run lights are on, on the PLC.

To be honest, I've not done much with eeproms so I don't really know where the data is stored.

You really need to go online and see what is happening.

Thank you. I trying to contact manufacturer. I think HMI settings is all I need to change.

Sounds like perhaps the HMI also had a battery which is dead?  Was the HMI storing values?

The EEPROM only stores the program, not the data in the memory.  If the values were stored in the PLC, they were backed up by the battery.

Three times I faced with the same situations in my practice of repairing an eqiuipment by third party manufactures. And every times the problem was typical: they insert in their program one or several merkers, which are activated at the adjustment stage directly using the programming software. So I'd suggest to dig in this direction. It's not difficult to find such mines, using cross referens list function and comparing it with HMI variables. I've managed to do it, spending several hours.