doublewai

CS1G-CPU43H connecting Kepserverex

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm currently working on connecting to Omron PLC CS1G-CPU43H via Kepserverex software. We're trying to read data values from PLC such as Total OK part counts, Total NG part counts, and machine running/stop.

I'm new to this field and need some help from you guys.

I was told that I needed CS1W-ETN21 ethernet module for back rack (I have two open slots).

* How do I install this module to PLC rack? Do I need to set up in CX-Programmer and CX-Integrator as well?

* Kepserverex software has FINS ethernet dirver for Omron. Is this for CS1W-ETN21 module?

* After connection has established, how do I read data from PLC via Kepserverex?

Thanks for readng

This video shows you how to setup the Omron CS1W-ETN21 (it is for a CJ PLC, but the setup is the same):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWspaNncP8

When it gets to the I/O table part, make sure to upload your I/O table and then add the ETN21 to the I/O table.  You could also do a create here, but if you have some non-default settings it would mess up your addressing, so upload it first, then continue following the video.

One thing to note is that you need to set the rotary dials for the unit # different than any other modules that have a green stripe on the top of the face of the module.  Then you need to set the node number to match the last octet of the IP address (for the simplest setup).  It is in hex, so if your IP Address was 192.168.0.50, then your node number would also need to be 50, which in hex is 32 (3 x 16 + 2 x 1 = 50).  

If there are other communication modules (green on the top of the face of the module), then you will have to create routing tables that define network numbers for each network (or add to the existing routing table).  This is probably a good idea to do even if this is the first network module.  

This is a great video that describes how to do the routing table:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYP-bUMzEg

As far as the Kepware side of things goes, yes, the FINS Ethernet driver is exactly what you need.  There will be some settings where you have to tell it the network number (this will be the number you assign it in the routing table), the node number (the node number dials on the front of the unit) and likely an IP Address.

Here is a tech note from Kepware on how to do this:

https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/0cc86a2f-5d20-400b-942e-ea86da321791/configuring-omron-plc-with-fins-driver.pdf

Michal

Thanks for the explanation. This is really great

I finally have the ETN21 unit and tried to set up today and have questions

I do have other communication module, CS1W-SCU21-V1 (unit:0).

* How do I add ETN21 to existing routing table?

* Our IT wants me to put gateway address, but I don't see any Gateway selection in "Setting" tab

* If I want static ip address for ENT21, do I need to change settings in "conversion box" at setting tab?

Thanks in advance

I think I'm not allowed to upload pictures here.

I did not know omron has another ethernet module. I just found out CS1W-EIP21, Ethernet/IP Module and it looks like I can have Gateway address to put.

Is this one that I need or ETN21 can still have gateway address?

ETN21 has an entry for default gateway.  I cannot upload the image for some reason, but it is there. 

1 person likes this

On 11/13/2020 at 3:33 PM, Michael Walsh said:

ETN21 has an entry for default gateway.  I cannot upload the image for some reason, but it is there. 

Not sure if it's too late to help with this but setting the default gateway in the ETN21 is different from the EIP21.

The EIP21 has a dedicated spot for the gateway address. In the ETN21 you have to add an entry in the IP Routing Table. Set the IP address to 0.0.0.0 and Router's IP Address to the address of your gateway.