Ksteele335

QJ71E71-100 Installation

4 posts in this topic

I have been told by Mitsubishi that when you install a Ethernet QJ71E71-100 Card in a rack of I/O which has a CC-Link Module (QJ71GP21-SX)  in it that is not being used will cause improper install and your Ethernet card will not work. Upon removal of the module and setting the proper I/O parameters (EMPTY) and proper configuration of the Ethernet Card you still get an ERROR. (LINK PARA,ERROR) and the card will not work still. In discussions with them they stated to successfully accomplish this you MUST REFORMATT the PLC Memory to RID of any CC-Link Intelligent Module information. Does anybody have a known work around vs. going through and Reformatting the PLC? Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated? Thanking everyone for your assistance! 

I never heard of such a problem. You would have a problem if have the qj71gp21 module and didn’t give it parameters. 

Thx for your reply. This system came from our other plant overseas which utilized the CC-Link Card so there were parameters ect…. installed in the system previously. I have done the following to try and avaid conflict with the CC-Link Module.

1) Removed it from the rack and configured I/O to that slot [ EMPTY ]

2) Under Network Parameters

CC-Link

Performed [CLEAR] which removed all shown parameters

Unchecked [ ] Set the information in the CC-Link Config window

Any further suggestions, other than as Mitsubishi suggested to REFORMATT?

Thanks

Does the CPU have an Error ?

As for an option just keep the module in and set it as a normal station. 

Edited by Gambit