Just_Shaun

receiving wireless signal without opc

7 posts in this topic

Hi, can mitsubishi fx3 series receive wireless input signal without opc configuration?

OPC has nothing to do with wireless. I think your are looking for a way to comm with sigfox or Lora.

thre are some sigfox = modbus TCP stuff on the market (haven't used it yet though) but that should be easy to connect to a FX5

Edited by Gambit

9 hours ago, Just_Shaun said:

Hi, can mitsubishi fx3 series receive wireless input signal without opc configuration?

First of all, wireless data transmission can be based on various technologies: transmission over a power network or radio transmission. Technologies of the latter are also subdivided into bluetooth, wi-fi, etc. The choice depends on the required distance, availability of technical capabilities and the required communication parameters. You did not provide any of the above list.

13 hours ago, Inntele said:

First of all, wireless data transmission can be based on various technologies: transmission over a power network or radio transmission. Technologies of the latter are also subdivided into bluetooth, wi-fi, etc. The choice depends on the required distance, availability of technical capabilities and the required communication parameters. You did not provide any of the above list.

Sorry my bad, i'm using WISE 4210 by advantech, a proprietary LPWAN (Sub-G) wireless technology. 

16 hours ago, Gambit said:

OPC has nothing to do with wireless. I think your are looking for a way to comm with sigfox or Lora.

thre are some sigfox = modbus TCP stuff on the market (haven't used it yet though) but that should be easy to connect to a FX5

Noted, and another question, is it possible for mitsu plc fx3 (connected with Ap) receive i/o signal directly from SN without a pc.. 

6 hours ago, Just_Shaun said:

Sorry my bad, i'm using WISE 4210 by advantech, a proprietary LPWAN (Sub-G) wireless technology. 

In this case I suppose you can use it without problem. It digital inputs are dry contact type, while digital outputs are 30V 100mA (sink type), other interfaces has standard parameters.
But note, pls, the FX3 has onboard the RS422 interface as an embedded programming port (not an RS485). The last is important: you can not connect with it directly to the programming port of PLC, and only thru the additional RS485 communication board FX3*-485-BD.

1 person likes this

On 3/11/2020 at 1:39 AM, Inntele said:
On 3/11/2020 at 1:39 AM, Inntele said:

First of all, wireless data transmission can be based on various technologies: transmission over a power network or radio hören transmission. Technologies of the latter are also subdivided into bluetooth, wi-fi, etc. The choice depends on the required distance, availability of technical capabilities and the required communication parameters. You did not provide any of the above list.

Can you explain more clearly?

Edited by JocelynCarwyn