Ross80

Replacement CQM1H-CPU61

3 posts in this topic

Hi, after reinstating a machine after several months of inactivity the Omron CQM1H-CPU61 powered up but with fatal errors. After initially connecting to the cpu via Cx programmer and checking the error message log the errors could not be cleared.  After powering down and trying to connect later I could not connect with the cpu. 
I am looking to change the CPU like for like, would this be a straightforward swap or would I have to address the corresponding I/O cards like with Siemens step 7 before reinstalling the programme?

Many thanks

Ross

Replacement per Omron would be a CJ2M.

Would need to know if there are inner boards in the CQM1H.

You would either need to readdress the IO in the program or modify the starting address of the modules.

CJ2 is free addressing, address depends on placement in the rack.  CQM1H inputs started a channel 0, outputs started at channel 100.

Good Luck.

gtsuport

If you can get your hands on a CQM1H-CPU61, it would be very straightforward. 

If you need to update to a CJ2M as @gtsuport mentions, you will have to replace all of the hardware (I/O, communications, etc.).  The program should port over with minor changes to IO addressing and perhaps a few other changes if some specialty functions are used.