Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHoldren0410

Create TCP/UDP Socket

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to send an int over TCP using a MSG Socket,  Compactlogix ==> Arduino Ethernet Shield

I have set up TCP communication between two Arduino Uno's using Ethernet shield. I've set up the one as a server, the other as a client. server IP: 192.168.1.21 port 23. If the client is connected it reads incoming data as a byte or an array of bytes. The data between the two has been verified to work. I'm now trying to transition the communications between a compact logix-L32E. I'm looking to send a byte (or int being as there's no byte data type) from the Compactlogix to the Arduino using TCP. To my understanding I need to use a socket create, open, read/write, close. The manual to do this is vague as a step by step procedure. Does anyone have an example code for socket programming? I can open rs500, rs5000, and studio 5000 programs. If I can open a file to use as a reference I can translate it on my own. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. 

You make mistakes when installing the application. Read the instructions above and you will be able to install everything.