Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SolidRio

FX3U-485ADP-MB fake modules

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I don't have questions this time, but i want to share some information, maybe someone (because i haven't found any info except -https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/20231-m8411-flag/) will find it helpful.

In attached pic 3 different FX3U-485ADP-MB modules, that one of our client has. Module on the left is original 2013 release, it works as indeed (supports 115200 baud rate). In the middle module 2017 release. It is supposed to have 38400+ baud rate, but it hasn't. I did billions of tests (changing code/plc (all of them 2.40+)/gx works 2 versions, cnv-bd<->485-bd). It works until you change H1091->H10D1 or higher. The idea that the module was not original was prompted by bold text on the module in comparison with the original one. It also has a larger hole next to the connector. I also found the 3rd module (on the right in the photo) 2019 release. His text, on the contrary, is thinner than the original, besides, it is uneven. Plus, the brightness of the LEDs (RD / LED) is very low. But it supports 115200 (seems China has mastered the technology).

Please be careful when purchasing this module. Or you will have to accept the lack of speed above 19200.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-23 at 12.22.57.jpeg

485Modules.jpeg

485Modules.jpeg

I remember seeing a document years ago about fake Mitsubishi PLC modules, but it was Q series cards, not FX.  

In any case, that's why you buy from an authorized distributor and not just random Internet stores...