Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prabbit

Cannot communicate compactlogix

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm using a Studio 5000 mini, V32 to upload the program from a compactlogix plc. The connection is thru ethernet switch (6 devices locally networked including programming). The IP address range is 192.168.0..... I set my programming laptop IPV4 within this range but I can only see and ping 1 device out of 5. I've tried to communicate thru USB but still I cannot connect to the network. 

I don't think I've ever been able to ping only one device out of 6 total on a local network like that. That's weird...

I would verify your IP configuration to make sure you're using a unique IP address in your IPV4 settings and that you're absolutely 100% sure you're on the same subnet as all of the other devices. Are all 6 devices on the same subnet? How sure are you of their addresses?

Are any other switches or routers connected to this switch?  There could be duplicate IP's or the switch could be caught in a loop.

If this is a managed switch make sure that those ports are enabled and are configured correctly.  

Honestly ethernet communication is incredibly reliable as long as the settings are correct and cables aren't broken.  We could troubleshoot this quick if you would be willing to tell us what IP address and subnet your PC is on, as well as a list of the IP addresses that you are trying to ping.  One screenshot of the IP address that you can successfully ping as well as a screenshot of one of the IP addresses that you are unable to ping would help a lot too.

1 person likes this

are all six devices using same IP address?

The problem was caused by Omron software. I got help from our supplier's engineer. We uninstalled the Sysmac and CX-One software and the IP problem was resolved.

1 person likes this