zarunas

Kinetix 5500S2 Fault FLT S54 POSN Error

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Maybe anyone can explain what this error means.I kinetix manual from Rockwell support information is very poor.
We checked all equipment: motor,reductor,bearings,betl - mechanically everything is ok. Kinetix Module revision is 7.001.Maybe it need update to higher version?
Studio500 Logix Designer version is 29.
Thanks for answers

Error information.png

Excessvive position error.png

Module properties.png

Hmmm....the forum is being weird. This is my third attempt to post. My copy of the Kinetix 5500 manual has an Excel file attached to it that provides more information about the faults. I've tried to post a screenshot, but those posts didn't work, so I'll skip that step this time.

Kinetix5500_PosErr.PNG

Aaaannndd....it included the screenshot this time, even though I had deleted it from my post.

Sigh...

So this means that the servo is commanding the motor to go to a certain position...or a certain speed, and based on the encoder the motor is not where it is supposed to be.  When you command the motor to move, jog, gear...etc. does the motor turn?  Does this motor have a brake?  If so, is it released?

It would be helpful to know if this is a new application that you are just starting or if it is for a machine that has been running normally and this is a new fault.

Excessive position error can come from many sources, including bad feedback device or cable, excessive load, stuck brake (if equipped), electrical noise, improper tuning, inertial mismatch, etc.

Does this happen when in motion or sitting still?

If in motion, how long does it take for the fault to occur after motion is commanded?

If it happens while sitting still, does the motor have any audible noise or vibration you can feel?  If so, check your tuning.

Hello ,I have the same problem please how to fix error 54 in kinetix 5700 drive , I checked the wiring, motor and encoder are not problem, the motor does not work when you command the drive to start the error

This is caused be the planner not seeing enough counts of position and the motor is not where it’s supposed to be like stated above. Could be many things. I would start with motion direct commands to verify motor and encoder are working. Obviously open the brake if one is equipped