anrumawas

Q03UDVCPU Modbus Setup

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I need help to set up modbus tcp/ip parameter for Q03UDVCPU, i want to use the predifined protocol and built in ethernet port.
do you guys have some usefull references how to setup modbus tcp/ip, or is there any example program from mitsubishi?

Thanks

Example for prre-defined protocol are in the manual. and also there are some forum topics on how to trigger a pre-defined protocol

There is also a QJ71MT91 module.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Example for prre-defined protocol are in the manual. and also there are some forum topics on how to trigger a pre-defined protocol

There is also a QJ71MT91 module.

I already read the manual, and tried the guide. so far i could open connection with the device ("modbus slave" program). but still cant read coil address from PLC

i tried to run SP_SOCOPEN, I saw under "Ethernet diagnostic>Status of each Connection", my connection is shown, with TCP Status "Connecting"
and there is no error under "Error History" when i run SP_ECPRTCL. But the connection is not last very long, is this due to error or some connection problem?

Capture.JPG

connecting is good. it means connected.

Maybe there is a timeout on the remote unit which causes the disconnection?

There should be an error on the pre-defined protocol but your timeout is probably high.
So most likely you are not getting a reply

Did you have a look with wireshark ? 

PLC already can read the coil from simulator, problem was coil number between PLC and simulator is different,

after we run SP_ECPRTCL, is PLC suppose to keep refreshing/update coil value? or i need to run SP_ECPRTCL again to updated coil value?

Yes everytime you need the coil status you'll need to request it from the slave

already got updated data from station,

anyway, if i have 2 stations can i run SP_SOCOPEN twice? to staion A and Staion B at the same time?

from the  SP_ECPRTCL  you can specify to run more than one pre-defined command which you have setup

okay,

let say i have 2 robots with 2 controller, and 1 plc, can my plc do open connection to both robots at the same time using SP_SOCOPEN ?
or i have to close connetion to first robot, then open connection to second robot?