RetiQlum

Run Powerflex 525 from keypad?

11 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble with some Powerflex 525 drives.

Right now what I need to do is run them manually from the keypad to test conveyor belts.  Is there a way to do this and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

Are they brand new out of the box?  If so turn the potentiometer to the right and hit the green button the the keypad.  

Study on parameter P046, that is your command source, and P047, that is your speed reference.

2 people like this

Thanks so much TimWilborne.  It worked for some of them.  Of course there was a bad drive in the bunch.  And one I had to factory reset.  I appreciate it.

Glad I could help.

One more question: If I have a 525 configured for 2 HP by factory defaults but the motor is 1 HP can I leave it like that?  If not, how do I set the parameters to 1 HP without causing a Mismatch C-P error.

I had a couple of drives set to 1 HP.  Rockwell support told me to reset to factory settings.  Now they pop up in RSLinx as 2 HP drives.

Sorry for the weirdness here.  I was dumped on site with no former knowledge of the company and how it sets things up.

You can disregard the former question.  I was informed that it is OK (at least in this application.)

Mismatch cp just means the control pod was changed. Reset this. Set the motor data and your other parameters and you will be ok. Try not to go more than 2x drive size or the drive can’t protect the motor 

It could be less important if the load is a pump or fan but for a better motor control and motor protection you should set to 1HP.  

Edited by Erdal Arslan