mr_electrician

Specifying array position from CJ into SYSMAC

3 posts in this topic

Hello group.  I am having difficulties selecting a specific ARRAY position that comes from a CJ PLC into SYSMAC for NA5 HMI's

I have created a Symbol called Bump_Lift_Offset as a DWORD and an array size of 5 resulting in DWORD[5] starting at D8740

I am trying to show on the HMI the value listed in each array address but the software keeps crashing when I type in for example Bump_Lift_Offset[1] which would be my second position in the array resulting in address D8742.

I have tried various Data Types on the Sysmac side with no luck.

I have attached a few images to provide a better explanation.

Truck Type Bump Array.jpg

CJ Variable.jpg

Sysmac Variable.jpg

Sysmac Errors.jpg

Well, you are mixing up your data types 3 different ways here. The MOV instruction is a single word move instruction.  The DWORD data type is a 2 word data type and LINT is a 4 word data type.  i would suggest perhaps using DINT (in both CXP and Sysmac) and MOVL in CXP.  If you are having trouble entering the TestArray[1] nomenclature (in my example), just type D2 (in my example) and it will put the proper array nomenclature in for you.

CX-Programmer is letting me do this:

5f6a26a630588_ArraySymbol.jpg.65555b47665f6a26a69804e_arrayindex.jpg.322f7374264

Ya I think I was having a bad day!!!!  Thanks for the second set of eyes as this cleared stuff up!!