BobB

NS Screens Using The Buzzer

18 posts in this topic

The only thing I can find in help re using the buzzer is to use a multi function button.

I want to use the buzzer as an alarm buzzer and turn on $SB13 or $SB14 from a bit in the PLC.

Can anyone help please?

if you link the system area, you should be able to write to the corresponding area from PLC.

ie: CIO1200.13 => $SB13

Hi lostcontrol - do you mean as in a macro or something like that?

I can't upload an image yet, but I think lostcontrol is referring to the System Memory Settings. On the System Settings - "Initial" TAB. System Memory $SB is allocated to $B0 by default. Change this and MAP it to PLC memory. 

There's another thread on it. Search the site for "lamp bit and buzzer". I can't even attach the link. So much of the site is not working

Ta chelton - found it.

Hi Bob,

Did you get this working as expected, or want me to send a screen shot?

figured it out mate - will be onsite doing tomorrow. Will let you know how I go.

OK - tried it out today. Selected basics but it appears one has to click on each individual item to enable ii "on" or "off" - cannot click on these at all and enable them. $SB has been allocated to channel 700. Turn on 700.14 in the PLC and nothing happens.

I tested in simulation mode, had $SB13 & CIO700.13 side by side as animations. Both animated when the other was changed. I do have an NS in the office, but wont be back there until friday to test actual.

As another test, you could try backlight status as well..? if the screen goes to sleep, you should see 700.11 change when you touch it & vice versa

Did you change the buzzer setting from the default "err on" to "on"?

5 minutes ago, chelton said:

Did you change the buzzer setting from the default "err on" to "on"?

is that set in the hardware config on the unit?

'err' to 'on' - where? I thought from the page checking basics and the selecting on or off would do it but cannot select on.

3 hours ago, BobB said:

OK - tried it out today. Selected basics but it appears one has to click on each individual item to enable ii "on" or "off" - cannot click on these at all and enable them. $SB has been allocated to channel 700. Turn on 700.14 in the PLC and nothing happens.

Bob,

Did you enable each area that you want to use?  By default, none of the areas are enabled.  See check boxes below:

5f69f1c967fb3_NScontrol.thumb.jpg.385ecd

Note that there are multiple pages in this window, press the next button to access all of the $SB and $SW options.

9 hours ago, lostcontrol said:

is that set in the hardware config on the unit?

I'm away from the computer for a few days and can't show where to set it. In the help on CX-D if you search buzzer it comes up. Buzzer can only be controlled by status bits if set to "On"

Michael I did not enable run as I do not need it. I did enable basics and from the initial value page tried to enable bit 14 but it will not enable - will not turn on. That is what I was referring to.

Well, I cannot upload the image for some reason, but @chelton is referring to 

System Settings -> PT Tab -> Buzzer Sound

Change the setting from ERROR ON  to simply ON.

Michael - thanks - will give it a go.