Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcmccartney1

Bits or Coils in Click C0-10DD2E-D

4 posts in this topic

First time working with a Click.  I'm converting a Modicon Concept project to the Click.  The Concept project has 200 internal coils.  I presume that I should be using the Y addressing?  The Click seems to only have 128 bits.  Do need a larger PLC or are there other addressing areas I can use as bits?  Can individual bits of an integer be used or referenced in the program?

UPDATE:  Spoke to their technical support line and got straightened out.  I'm expected to use the C's for internal coils.  The Y's are actual outputs, if there are output modules.  There is no addressing down to a bit level of an INT or DINT, rather you would have to use the Unpack Copy function of Pack Copy to and from the INT or DINT and the C's.

Edited by pcmccartney1
2 people like this

Thanks for sharing @pcmccartney1 I've had a couple of SI want to use Click, but have "forced" them to stay with Momentum or CompactLogix as these are currently corporate standard.  I know we wound up paying more for the finished systems than if we'd let the SI use Click, but the training and support learning curves were why we didn't.  I'll be curious to hear what else you learn on your conversion journey.

Bob,  Only a couple days in.

Concerns:

Very limited and basic set of instructions.  Nothing fancy.

"Tag" database is difficult to use and it's not a tag database, rather it's more like a SLC or MLX file system.

Logic building is difficult, kind of like the old Modicon ModSoft, where you have to drag and drop and build you own vertical and horizontal lines.  Copy and paste function is very limited.  You can only copy one rung at a time.  Which, in my case, I need to duplicate my base logic nearly two hundred times.

The manuals are mostly for their hardware but they do have a lot of video tutorials and a YouTube page.

There's a bit more flexibility in the Do-more line. That software is free like the Click and includes a simulator so you can check it out for no cost.

Edited by b_carlton