Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
One1

Mitsu FXos-16MR-UA1/UL trigger

12 posts in this topic

Hi fellas, 

I’m trying to use this PLC to delay and latch two points on a machine in an “and/xnor” type situation and i need an optical trigger. If the trigger could jump 1/4” gap that would be great. It needs to sense brass objects. 

i have been to school for PLC’s 20 years ago and we did MEDOC and Mitsu primarily. We also did Allen Bradley, but i spent a lot of time with the Mitsu and I’m comfortable with them. I’d like to get a refresher on things I’ve forgotten and get some of your ideas. 

what should I use for this optical trigger? Can you show me an example of a product? Also, do i need an optical relay board To use with this PLC? 

thanks guys!

Sounds like all you need is a photoelectric sensor.  And no, you won't need a board to use it with the controller.

1 person likes this

I could use some ladder help. I’m not sure how to design the ladder. 

Two photoelectric cells are going to be used to turn on and off a motor. Sensor 1 on bottom currently shuts the motor off. I’m adding a second one on top and a plc so that the following conditions can be met:

The top sensor will stop the motor until the bottom sensor reads clear. Then when bottom sensor is clear allow motor to run and stop the motor again after the top sensor has allowed the trigger point to go by one time. 

The basic jist is that I’m moving metal bits through a tube from a feeder. I need only one piece of metal in the tube at a time. The tube is vertical. I want the feeder to drop one bit of metal in the tube and immediately stop. The bottom sensor will clear the tube and i want another to load when it’s cleared the bottom sensor. 

The problem with the current setup is that the feeder can drop multiple bits in the tube because of the time it takes to go through the tube and get to the bottom sensor. 

I remember how to do tables and maps, but can’t remember ladder design. I graduated 20 years ago and haven’t had much PLC use since. Just microprocessor work mainly.

Show you something that annoys me. This ladder worksheet i did in school 20 years ago i scored 100 on. Now I don’t remember it. Using the exact same plc. 

A25DEEB9-0379-4062-B1B0-C93D3F4C42E3.jpeg

ok help me if you would on this and I’ll figure the ladder out. 

i have a 2 wire proximity sensor. I have the PLC. I know i need to run the blue load wire into the plc input. What other connections do i need to make to the plc? The normal output of the blue load wire goes into the motherboard of this motor control unit. This leaves me with com outputs, etc that aren’t hooked up on the plc. 

Does the 2 wire proxy work with 24dc, they often don't (usually it's 3 wire proxy)

Anyway, the plc has an on board 24v dc supply marked 24 and 0v

24 is your supply and the switch wire goes to an input.

Also put a wire between 0v and the ss terminal or your inputs won't work.

1 person likes this

Thank you, but this is a 120v 2 wire NC prox and a 120v fx UA1 PLC. no dc anywhere. What I’m concerned with at the moment is if the PLC will leak enough  to trigger the prox and since i only have one wire going to my motor control unit on the output what needs to be done with the COM on the output side. 

Edited by One1

since this is AC and no sinking or sourcing I don’t know what to do with the com on the output and I don’t know if the PLC will leak down enough on the input or if i need to add additional resistance and wiring to pull down the prox output going into the plc. 

Ah right. It's an 110V ac input plc.

The proxy's should be ok to give a signal to the plc but if not you will have to put interface 110Vac relays, triggered by the proxy - then 110 through the relay to your inputs.

1 wire going to the motor control unit??

How is it controlled now? 

That wire must have something to turn the motor on and off. You will have to find that out.

The ladder will come later when you have sussed the controls

The prox does it, I’m putting the plc in line to add timer, delay, and other functions to the motor. 

If you can't be bothered to give a full explanation of how you are going about this - and what you have done so far, I can't be bothered to help you.

Adios. 

entire thread on the subject.