DWIM

Security Level Keypad Not Popping Up

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

Another security thing I have in GT Designer3:
I can set the security level on a screen to a certain level and if I have not the correct level to look at this screen, then the numpad pops up. Good.The user knows/realizes he has to do something as soon he changes the screen.

But if I have no security set on the screen but set the security level on a, say numerical input box, then nothing happens. Neither the security numpad (not OK) nor the input numpad appears (which is OK). Is this intentional so they are not confused? Problem is, nothing at all happens!
I want to let all users see the machine status, but not all users can change the values like conveyor speed. If they phone me, I can then tell them what to do, but I don't want every person fiddles on the settings of the machine.
The same is for buttons which do something. I want to let the staff see the screen, but only his supervisor can stop the process with the STOP button.

Thanks for tips.

Hi DWIM,

know this problem, that the user credential dialog doesn't show up if the security level is set for an input field or button.
for this we use a little key icon next to the input field/button that is only visible if the security level isn't sufficient, so that
the user knows that he needs to sign in. For this login/logoff you can create a button using the special function
(user authentication level) to show the user credential dialog.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to display the login window automatically (as it is the case with a screen)

22 minutes ago, AndreasW said:

Unfortunately, I don't know how to display the login window automatically (as it is the case with a screen)

It is possible if you need it but you would have to make a button (invisible square) over the item which activates the pop-up the login screen.

The button however is only active if the current security level doesn't match the needed one. 

Thanks for these Tips. I checked out the "Special function switch" and found "Brightness", "Clock","Clean Monitor" aaaaand "Password (Security Level)"!!!

A whole new world! And with the invisible object or login button a smooth user experience is guaranteed!

Thanks to both of you! I really appreciate it.